Friday, November 18, 2005

my imaginary boyfriend

i don't recall ever having any imaginary friends as a child, but yesterday i created an imaginary boyfriend! how pathetic can i be, you ask? very! but that's not the point.

sometimes i feel like i'm a magnet for attracting sketchy guys i couldn't possibly be interested in. take for example a certain individual from the rock climbing gym i frequent. maybe he was just being friendly, but i was kind of freaked out when he did this weird thing with his fingers on my shoulder. he insisted on giving me his number, saying that we should hang out and go climbing together, and i was obligated to at least give him my e-mail. the e-mail he sends me reads like it was written by a high schooler, and contained smileys, cliche pick-up lines, and lots of what i could only perceive as giggling. i tried to reply in a very aloof manner, but received another e-mail of the same embarrassing nature. that was when i decided it was time to snap the fingers and pull a boyfriend out of thin air. my mention of a boyfriend kept the next reply i received short and impersonal. w00t!

i've never really felt the need to do that before. is it commonplace? i'm vaguely wondering if i took the easy way out. i certainly wouldn't want someone to lie to me about having a girlfriend, so as to get me off his back. but then again, i would never shamelessly hit on a guy...! i would love to hear other people's experiences (as well as suggestions for my bf's name)! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOOOOOOOOOOL HILARIOUS tahts teh way to go lindaaa

Anonymous said...

Name your imaginary boyfriend Mit!